Who we are
The Reynolds and Reynolds Associate Foundation was created in 1956 when Dayton employees pooled donations together as a way to help local charities. It is now the longest standing associate-run charitable foundation in the United States. We proudly serve eight counties surrounding Dayton: Montgomery, Greene, Warren, Butler, Preble, Darke, Miami, and Clark. Managed by an all-associate board of trustees, the foundation meets four times a year to review grant requests, disburse funds based on associate feedback, and organize volunteer activities.
If you are interested in a grant for a higher education institution or applying for a scholarship, see our Company Foundation.
Already received a grant? Please share your results prior to reapplying.
The Associate Foundation extends financial support to a wide range of programs and initiatives. Our focus areas include health and human services, at-risk youth, hunger, issues of the elderly, homelessness, literacy, life-threatening illness, and animal welfare and shelters.
Grant decisions are made four times a year. Organizations can be considered for a grant once per fiscal year. After receiving a grant you will be asked to complete a survey regarding your results. An approved grant does not guarantee future support.
Grants will be evaluated based on:
- Alignment with one of the Foundation’s focus areas.
- Impact in our community — especially hands-on services.
- Efficient use of funds to maximize reach.
Priority is given to organizations with Reynolds associate involvement.
Due to federal law, policy, or budget limitations, we do not contribute to the following:
- Organizations without IRS tax exemption 501(c)(3) status
- Individual primary or secondary schools
- Sectarian organizations having a predominantly religious purpose
- Political parties, offices, or candidates
- Fraternal or veteran’s organizations
- Organizations who cannot provide adequate accounting records or procedures
- Tax-supported universities and colleges for operating purposes
- Funding for deficits or debt retirement
- Courtesy advertising
- Fundraising events
- Capital Campaigns
All grant applications must be submitted via email as a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use our grant proposal tips to make sure all necessary information is included in your request.
The Associate Foundation holds four in-kind donation drives a year to collect goods for local charities. Examples include non-perishable food items and winter coats. If your organization would like to be considered for one of the donation drives, please contact email@example.com.
If you are interested in a grant for a higher education institution or applying for a scholarship: