Reynolds and Reynolds announced today the availability of its newest Web-based solution for automotive dealerships: Online Service Reservations (OSR). Online Service Reservations allows consumers to book a service appointment through a dealer's Web site from the comfort of their own home - or anywhere they can access the Internet. For dealers, OSR is designed to help build stronger customer relationships and help improve dealership efficiency with real-time integration to the ERA® dealership management system (DMS).
"The Internet has been enormously successful in helping dealers create sales leads and reach their customers conveniently and efficiently," said Trey Hiers, vice president of Corporate Marketing at Reynolds and Reynolds. "Now, with Online Service Reservations, dealers can take their business presence on the Web to a new level of personal interaction - and convenience - with consumers. Online Service Reservations provides a continuous touch point with consumers after they've purchased a vehicle and makes it simple and easy for dealers to build stronger customer relationships."
Reynolds' Online Service Reservations offers a number of business advantages for dealerships:
- Real-time integration to the Reynolds ERA DMS helps ensure that appointment times and advisor availability are accurate.
- Service advisors save time with fewer incoming phone calls and less re-entering of appointment data. In addition, the amount of time saved by the dealership will allow service advisors to focus on their customers in the service drive or on other revenue-generating service activities.
- OSR also helps dealerships build better relationships by allowing them to reach out to consumers with twenty-four hour availability to make reservations when it is convenient to the consumer.
- Consumers can easily click on hyperlinks in a dealership marketing e-mail to automatically log into Online Service Reservations, eliminating the need to manually enter their personal and vehicle information.
- OSR also offers the dealership's customers a number of options to help them quickly select the services they need performed, including a pre-defined set of typical maintenance repairs along with recommended services based on their vehicle's service history.
"OSR is one more example of the programming and software development strength behind our ability to continually add new applications for dealers," Hiers said. "It's also another tool to help dealerships enhance their relationships with their customers and increase their service revenue, both important building blocks for a stronger dealership business."
Online Service Reservations works with WebMakerX® from Reynolds Web Solutions.