Position description:As a Junior IT Consultant, you will be a part of project teams assigned to research, build, and deploy new and improved IT solutions to meet the needs of the business.
Responsibilities will include collecting and analyzing needs, followed by researching and recommending appropriate solutions. You will then perform the hands-on work required to build, configure, test, and deploy the agreed technical solutions. This position will also require providing appropriate documentation and training to equip our Operations teams with the ability to maintain, and support those solutions.
You will work closely with other IT departments and the business and will be responsible for keeping your leader, project teammates, and other stakeholders updated throughout each project.
If you are seeking an Information Technology career and are an innovative problem solver interested in working in a team environment, this is the position for you!
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of computer hardware and networking required
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux server operating systems preferred
- Experience with SQL databases, web servers, and/or Cisco routers and switches preferred
- Preferred industry standard certifications include: A+, CCNA/CCNP, MCSA/MCSE or equivalent experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills