Reynolds and Reynolds is currently seeking Technical Translators who are bilingual in French (Canadian-French preferred) and English. As a Technical Publications Writer/Translator, you will use your proficiency in both languages to translate hardcopy manuals and online reference materials for software products licensed for use in Quebec, Canada. You will translate software manuals, help messages, legal and human resources documents, marketing materials, and other miscellaneous documents used by internal associates and customers. You will also be responsible for conducting product testing before translation changes, which will give you the opportunity to suggest improvements to the existing Reynolds and Reynolds software. Translation is typically from English to Canadian-French; however, translation from French to English is required on occasion. If not already residing in the area, this position will require relocation to Houston, Texas, once offered a position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Must possess excellent verbal and written skills, in both English and Canadian-French
- Self-driven, self-directed, and independent
- Good spelling, proofreading, grammar, and editing skills
- Detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and organized
- Must live in or be willing to relocate to Houston, Texas