Reynolds CRM Expert to Speak at 19th Digital Dealer Conference
Reynolds Director Ed Pontis to Deliver Sales Strategies Session Focused on
Changing the Consumer Experience With Buying a Car at the Dealership
DAYTON, Ohio – Sept. 23, 2015 – The Reynolds and Reynolds Company today announced that Ed Pontis, director of Product Planning at Reynolds, will present a sales strategies session during the 19th Digital Dealer Conference in Las Vegas. Pontis’ presentation, "Changing the Consumer Experience, One Minute at a Time,” will be held on Wednesday, Oct. 7, 2015, from 11-11:50 a.m. (Watch the overview video.)
"Consumers are demanding a more efficient, transparent, and engaging car-buying experience,” said Pontis. "Yet, many automobile retailers are operating with the same sales and F&I process they followed decades ago. Others are looking to the 'one-hour car deal' to speed consumers' time in hopes of improving the experience. In doing either, dealers are missing the point of retailing and could also be missing out on opportunities to present their products and services. What really matters in the car-buying experience is delivering engaged, rewarding time to consumers. That can help trump speed, build loyalty, and improve profitability for dealers, too."
During his presentation, Pontis will help dealers learn how to:
- Identify and eliminate sources of wasted time during the sales process.
- Recognize the way customers perceive how that time is spent in the dealership can be more important than the amount of time actually spent there.
- Deliver the engaging, transparent buying experience that consumers now expect.
As a director of Product Planning, Ed Pontis leads the team that is responsible for the product direction of Reynolds' CRM and variable operations solutions, including Contact Management, docuPAD®, Desking, Vehicle Management, and more. Pontis also is a board member with Open Dealer Exchange. Prior to joining Reynolds, he was a director with a large international consulting firm. There, he was part of the CRM practice focused on the consumer product industry.
- During his Oct. 2013 Digital Dealer presentation, Pontis helped dealers learn more about customer experience management and ways to improve every interaction with consumers along the retail continuum.
- At the Industry Summit in Sept. 2015, Pontis spoke to dealers about how wasted time affects the consumer experience with the dealership. He also discussed strategies dealers can use to improve that experience: reducing wait times when practical and making the time more informative, engaging, and productive where possible. He also pointed to examples where these strategies delivered a more rewarding experience for consumers and increased profitability for dealers.
To read automotive industry articles by Pontis, visit fuel.reyrey.com.
Reynolds and Reynolds is a leading provider of automobile dealership software, services, and forms to help dealerships deliver better business results and transform the customer experience. The company is headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, with major operations in Houston and College Station, Texas, and Celina, Ohio. (www.reyrey.com
Reynolds and Reynolds Contact: